Late last year, Ben Hawks from TNT Group Training approached us as he needed to attract new members for his amazing group training facility in Wangara.
Having run his owns Facebook ads, Ben was confused as to why they were not performing well as they used to. Naturally, many gyms have an attrition rate of members cancelling due to moving away, sickness or other commitments. If this trend continued, he would not be able to replace members with new ones and keep losing money on his advertising efforts.
After gaining access to Ben’s ad account, his previous campaigns produced some great results initially and I was impressed by the work. However, the ad copy hadn’t changed in a while and in most campaigns, there was only 1 image or video used.
What we did:
-Created a brand new offering and membership program.
– Filmed new videos with separate messaging for men and women.
– Retargeting campaigns to capture as many people as we can.
– Removed the old method of capturing leads through a clunky landing page system and simplified with Lead Forms, and later a personalized Messenger bot.
– Constantly split tested the videos with new images and ad copy to see what produced the best cost per lead.
– Used a list of his current and past members to create a Lookalike audience.
The campaign resulted helped boost Ben’s membership numbers and he had a nice buffer zone as well. He is now at ease because he can focus on helping his clients and not worry about having to manage his own Facebook ads.
In his words: